Our recommendations on the local area.
Listed below are some of the places that we think make Winchester great. The list is in no particular order, and each is good for different reasons.
- The Chesil Rectory. A beautiful building serving good food.
- Tanoshii. A fantastic Asian fusion restaurant.
- Pizza Express. Always good, and not too expensive.
- Kyoto Kitchen. Great Japanese restaurant.
- Froggies Bar at La Place. Busy wine bar opposite the Cathedral.
- Wykeham Arms. Great pub; one of Britain’s first Gastro pubs.
- Café Monde. Great little coffee shop come snack bar.
- Cadogans. Wonderful clothes shop for Ladies and Gents
- The cheese stall. In the market, just great cheeses sold with passion and knowledge.
If you want to know more please ask one of the staff, or pop into The Black Boy for ideas.